|Covid -19 and General History|
No meetings? Nope. General History continues with Zoom meetings
While groups do not hold physical meetings, we are meeting using Zoom
When? 3rd Wednesday of the months
In January, we had 'A History of Dissections' led by Catherine
Zoom Virtual Meetings coming up
February 17th 2021 at 11.30-12.30
March 17th 2021 at 11.30-12.30
These are RECURRING meetings so you can use the same Zoom link for each meeting.
If you need to leave before the group has finished, please just slip away. No need for an explanation.
Returning to the norm
- Name of group: General History
- The purpose of the group: In a friendly and sociable atmosphere, we discuss and present various/general subjects concerning history. These subjects can range from sport to films, space exploration to World War 1, Egypt to a significant historical figure or event. There is something for everyone where we can learn as individuals and from each other.
- Venue: Room 2, Pink Lane
- Days/times: the third Wednesday of each month at 2p.m.
- Cost: £1 per meeting. This includes tea or coffee and biscuits.
- #In keeping with the U3A principle of self help and cooperative learning, members are encouraged to participate. Come and join in. Learn and have fun doing it! Learn laugh live
Meanwhile, why not plan a talk or do some research on a topic? I'll post some online General History activities for you to try. Maybe you could contribute?
History Online: refer to links at the right. This sub -page has some activities for you to do.
|Also, I'll be sending Newsletters and organizing Zoom meetings|
Also, have a look at the 'Learn Online' section on the website as well as the new 'Astronomy Online Learning' group, I've just started.
If you have any suggestions, please letthe Group Leader know.
The main theme is 'Movers and Shakers'.
I know we'll all look forward to seeing each other very soon
New members are always welcome. Please let Group Leader know if you would like to attend a meeting. To email follow the link at the top right of this page. DON'T miss the opportunity to attend another meeting!!
Thank you for visiting the General History webpage