|Covid -19 and General History|
While groups do not hold physical meetings, we are meeting using Zoom
When? 3rd Wednesday of the months
Returning to the norm
- Name of group: General History
- The purpose of the group: In a friendly and sociable atmosphere, we discuss and present various/general subjects concerning history. These subjects can range from sport to films, space exploration to World War 1, Egypt to a significant historical figure or event. There is something for everyone where we can learn as individuals and from each other.
- Venue: Room 2, Pink Lane
- Days/times: the third Wednesday of each month at 2p.m.
- Cost: £1 per meeting. This includes tea or coffee and biscuits.
- In keeping with the U3A principle of self help and cooperative learning, members are encouraged to participate. Come and join in. Learn and have fun doing it! Learn laugh live
No meetings? Nope. General History continues with Zoom virtual meetings!
October 20th: We were delighted to welcome a representative from the Marie Curie Foundation to tell us about the hisotry of the foundation and its relevance today
Zoom Virtual Meetings coming up
Meanwhile, why not plan a talk or do some research on a topic? I'll post some online General History activities for you to try. Maybe you could contribute?
History Online: refer to links at the right. This sub -page has some activities for you to do.
|Also, I'll be sending Newsletters and organizing Zoom meetings|
Also, have a look at the 'Learn Online' section on the website as well as the new 'Astronomy Online Learning' group, I've just started.
If you have any suggestions, please letthe Group Leader know.
The main theme is 'Movers and Shakers'.
I know we'll all look forward to seeing each other very soon
New members are always welcome. Please let Group Leader know if you would like to attend a meeting. To email follow the link at the top right of this page. DON'T miss the opportunity to attend another meeting!!
Thank you for visiting the General History webpage