To download a form click on the Blue or Purple highlighted wording
- The Chairman and Executive Committee have discovered the benefits of video conferencing and email to discuss how to keep our members informed.
- Check out the Be Inspired! Page for current ideas to occupy your time and hopefully stimulate you.
- We have over 100 members who have joined Newbury U3A on Facebook. New territory for many but all members are invited to take part
- Some Groups have set up WhatsApp links to each other. The Golf Group are exchanging views on techniques being honed in their back gardens, Book Lovers are having virtual meetings and Bridge are playing on line. Further examples are invited!
- Our MAY Newsletter is on the Newsletter Page
The TRAVEL GROUP have very reluctantly taken the decision, in the light of the current restrictions, to cancel all day trips for the foreseeable future, starting with Swan Lake at the Royal Albert Hall.
All those who were due to go on this trip have been advised of the situation and we hope to be able to refund them very soon.
Organisers will be contacting everyone who has booked on subsequent day trips to advise them of the cancellation and to request permission to shred cheques which have not yet been presented.
Juno and Gerald Orbell have decided to withdraw from the Group. They were founder members and very active participants for many years, organising day trips and holidays which many of you will remember with pleasure. We should like to thank them for all the hard work they have put in over the years and we look forward to seeing them on future trips.
We hope very much that it won’t be too long before we are able to get back to planning such trips and will be eager to re-arrange some of those which we have had to cancel. At that time, we shall also be looking for new members to join us in organising such outings. Please think if this is something you could do. With the loss of Juno and Gerald, our planning group is diminishing in number. Without new, actively participating members, the Travel Group is in danger of closing permanently and a valuable asset of our U3A could be lost.
In the meantime, our prime concern is that you, our members, stay safe and well.
For new members or existing members seeking a change just click on Groups, select and contact the Group Leader for details and availability
For news and information on National U3A plans policies and events click the U3A Button on the Yellow Header
Newbury U3A is a member of Thames Valley Network which covers our region and includes most of our fellow U3A Groups. Click on their website link for current information