All information relating to Coronavirus will now appear here
Typical symptoms of coronavirus include fever, headaches and a dry cough that may progress to a severe pneumonia causing shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.
29 March 2020
The National U3A is now producing a "Newsletter Express" with frequent updates on events and matters relating to the coronavirus. There is a link on the right hand side of this page. We still encourage you to subscribe to the National Newsletter as this will bring updates direct to your email inbox. To subscribe you need to go to the U3A (Link) national website
19 March 2020
All Middlesbrough U3A activities are suspended with immediate affect until further notice. Activities on the groups pages will no longer take place until told otherwise.
Current advice from National U3A
Stop non-essential contact with others and adopt social distancing. Those in ‘at-risk’ groups are to be shielded from social contact for 12 weeks. People who should take particular care to minimise social contact are, among others, people over the age of 70.
We can all reduce the impact and spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources such as:
The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) advice is to use
- NHS 111 England
- Use online advice where possible and only phone 111 if absolutely necessary.
- Use pharmacies and GPs responsibly, and go to the hospital only when you really need to.
- Use links above to check current advice on using the 111 service
To avoid catching or spreading germs
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze.
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
You can also get further information from the National Third Age Trust (National U3A) Website.