Learn to be Retired
|Group Organiser||Sarat Chick|
|Meeting Days||Tuesdays Afternoon|
The Learning to be Retired group is based on a course developed by 2 U3A members for people in the early stages of retirement. Unlike most U3A groups which are open-ended, each cycle of the course will run for 5 or 6 weeks. The group is closed to new members once we start working through the course.
Below is an outline of what each week would cover (approximately) -
- We explore the facts, myths and feelings around retirement and consider where we are in the retirement process
- We look at developing a new, non-work based identity. This involves exploring who we are and who we might become.
- We look at what people ‘do’ when they’re retired and explore potential new activities, interests and adventures.
- We explore our need for social connection and how we can maintain strong relationships and communities.
- We look at the nuts and bolts of day-to-day living and how best to structure our time. We review all that we’ve learned and we look at how to make retirement ‘the time of our lives.’
There are no ‘subject matter experts’ who give advice. We will work through the course together sharing what we discover as we go.
Please contact Sarat Chick for more details.