Current Affairs 2
|Group Organiser||Joe Cannavina|
|Venue||Rochester Library (online during lockdown)|
|Meeting Days||Last Thursday of the Month (pm)|
|Group Vacancies?||Yes (New members are welcome)|
The group designated Group 2 has met on Thursdays in Rochester Library but since lockdown has met online. The group’s focus has been towards Current Affairs and Sociology. The group selected the topics for discussion and voted on the order for the topics to be discussed:
Topics that have been discussed:
1. Healthcare and social care policies
2. The effect of immigration policies
3. Should your vote always count?
4. The role and control of the media
5. Pollution and the environment
6. Aging and the elderly
7. Welfare benefits system - it is fit for purpose?
8. Should we increase childcare fees or increase parents’ ability to stay at home?
Topics to be discussed
1. Are women equal yet?
2. What is privilege?
3. Should 16yr olds be allowed the vote?
Please contact Joe Cannavina for more details.