Current Affairs 2
|Group Organiser||Joe Cannavina|
|Venue||Rochester Library (during restrictions - online)|
|Meeting Days||Every 4th Thursday (pm)|
From the members replies not able to attend on Tuesday's I identified Thursday's afternoon as the alternative time most members could make it.
To start Group 2, I confirmed the number of members that were able to attend on Thursday afternoons to see if the number for Group 2 would be viable and identified a suitable venue for the meetings.
The Group 2 would focus towards Current Affairs and Sociology and the first topic for discussion was
1. Changes in English organ donation law to Opt/out (spring (April) 2020)
Future topics for discussion selected by Current Affairs group 2.
The list of topics 1 to 7 I was able to rank according to preference and the list 1 to 3 topics not selected but could be considered in the future.
1. Should your vote always count? (Changing the voting system)
2. The role and control of the media
3. The effect of immigration policies
4. Healthcare and social care policies
5. Aging and the elderly
6. Pollution and the environment
7. Should we increase childcare fees or increase parents’ ability to stay at home?
1. Welfare benefits system - it is fit for purpose?
2. Are women equal yet?
3. Should 16yr olds be allowed the vote?
Please contact Joe Cannavina for more details.