Joining Lymington U3A
We are always happy to welcome new members. Our membership year runs from 1 March to the end of the following February. Being a member allows you to attend our monthly Speaker meetings, and to join as many interest groups (subject to their having space) as you like. You will receive a copy of the Lymington U3A Newsletter, and may also elect to receive a magazine published by the Third Age Trust. If you have an e-mail address, you will be sent a password to give you access to the “Members Only” area of this website.
- To join, click at the top right of this page for our application pack. Print it and fill out your details, then send it with your cheque for £20 (or £10 if you are joining between 1 September and end February) to:
Lymington U3A Membership, c/o The Lymington Centre, New Street, Lymington, SO41 9BQ.
- The application pack includes a Standing Order Mandate. In order to reduce the burden of administration, we ask new members to set up a Standing Order for renewal of their membership as soon as they join. If you decide not to renew, you can cancel your Standing Order at any time by contacting your bank.
- The pack also includes a Gift Aid Declaration. If you qualify as a UK tax-payer, we can claim back from HMRC 25p for each £1 of your subscription, which is a great help to us. Please do complete the Gift Aid Declaration if you pay income or capital gains tax.
- Finally, the pack gives you the opportunity to receive a hard copy of “Third Age Matters”, the magazine produced by the U3A’s national office. Please think carefully before ticking the box, as you can access an electronic copy online and save paper, plastic wrapping and postage by doing so.
- Another way to join is to come to one of our monthly Speaker meetings (details on the Events page), where you can ask for an application pack.
Once you have joined, you will be invited to the next New Members' coffee morning/afternoon tea. But you can join a group (subject to there being a space) as soon as you have your membership card, by contacting the relevant group leader. You can send them an e-mail by clicking on the appropriate link in the “Groups” page. Alternatively, you can contact the Interest Groups Coordinator from the ”Contact” page.
Data Protection & Privacy
The General Data Protection Act 2018 requires your permission for us to store and use your personal data. For more information, please see our Data Protection Policy and our Privacy Statement at the top right.
Terms & Conditions of Membership
For our terms and conditions of membership, please see the document at the top right of this page.