How do I join?
What does it cost?
The subscription year runs from 1 September to 31 August.
• £10 single or £18 for couples living at the same address.
• If joining after 1 April, £5
• Members of other U3As may join as Associate Members for £5
Group enrolment fees
• £1 per two-hour session, payable at the start of term
• Tea/coffee is often provided at a cost of 30p
• Where groups meet in members’ homes there is no charge, although a nominal sum may be required to go towards the cost of refreshments and photocopying
• Some courses e.g. wine tasting, make a small additional charge to cover costs
How do I enrol in a group?
Some courses are ongoing and some are new. The enrolment procedure differs for each. For an ongoing course, contact the convener (details are in the programme). For a new course, complete the New Course Registration Form that is included with the programme and send it, together with payment, to the Assistant Treasurer (details are on the form).
What if the group is full?
Some popular courses become oversubscribed. Class or group size is limited to the availability and capacity of rooms (and insurance restrictions) and also the optimum number for the type of event and teaching style. It is sometimes possible for the convener to keep a waiting list in case vacancies occur.
When a group is oversubscribed, we are keen to find someone to start a new one. All members are encouraged to let the Programme Organiser know if they, or someone they know, would be willing to run a similar group, or one on a new subject.
If you have particular requirements, for example if you have limited mobility, hearing or sight, please let us know and we will do our best to make the necessary arrangements. We have indicated in the list of venues (see the Venues tab above) those that might cause access problems to some people. Please contact the convener before joining the group to discuss any issues this might cause.
If you need a carer or escort to help, they can accompany you free of charge. For outings and holidays, a carer accompanying a member must pay the full cost of the outing/holiday and their names must be made known to the organiser. It is important to know that the organiser of an outing/holiday is responsible for running it and cannot under any circumstances act as a carer or escort.