Polish Up Your Rusty Latin
Convenor: Bob Holness
This group is for people interested in reviving their knowledge of the Latin they studied at school. Although all members have achieved ’O’ or ‘A’ levels they want to start again.
A wide range of materials can be used, from the Cambridge Latin Course to fairy tales. Members of the group need to get hold of a course book and perhaps one or two texts. These can usually be obtained quite cheaply via the internet, and Jean is happy to help anyone who does not have access to it.
Comments from Group Members:
- It’s relaxing – helps to take your mind off problems.
- Amusing, fun, satisfying to refresh your skills.
- We learn not just language but various aspects of Roman life.
- No pressure of exams – no homework.
- Pleasant company and a convivial afternoon.
When: 2.30pm, 2nd & 4th Thursday of the month in members’ homes but currently not meeting.