|Leader:||Trevor Siggers, 01538 383915|
|Venue:||Norton House, downstairs|
Contact the leader to check for current availability.
This group aims to stimulate interest and expertise in all aspects of writing by providing mutual support and constructive, friendly criticism.
We share experiences, introduce favourite pieces of literature, fulfill writing tasks and read out our own work to promote discussion. Occasionally we share our pieces with other U3A members.
Members' writing can be for any purpose: for family, publication or just personal satisfaction.
Our annual event, usually held in early Autumn, is usually a Supper Evening of readings and fun. Our readings have been preserved in a booklet "Four Letter Word Book 2016"
Some examples of our writing:
- U3A in Three Shorts by Trevor Siggers
- I Grew up an Acronym by Trevor Siggers
- Do it Yourself by Sandie Hope-Forest
- What is a Virus? by Rob Willis
- To Cut a Long Story Short by Alan Davies
- Corona Virus by Rob Willis
- Wednesday Mornings by Ena Glogowski
- A Note about Syncopation by Trevor Siggers
- A Selection by Alan Davies
- Sharing a Victoria by Kath Gosling
- Comfort Zone by Trevor Siggers
- Eclipse and Seaside Poems  by Ena Glogowski
- Summer Holiday by Ena Glogowski
- Chips by Alan Barr
- Stop by Alan Barr
- The Feast by Ena Glogowski
- Dan James is Fat
- The Dog Wore A Raincoat
- A Leap into the Unknown by John Lunt
- A Leap in the Dark by Mick Bentley
- Standards - A Faulty Homage
- Every Picture Tells a Story by Ann Baxter
- Letter to the Editor by Maureen Turner
- The Problem Is... by Janet Pointon
- Hospital Food by Rob Willis
- At a Stroke by Bob Willis
- Back on My Perch by Rob Willis
- Haz Beens by Michel le Moose (AKA Trevor Siggers)