Welcome to Leicestershire & Rutland U3As
This Network is an informal association of the U3As in our two Counties. Three Network meetings are usually held each year and each participating U3A is invited to send two members to represent it on those occasions.
Meetings are an opportunity for peer discussion and the sharing of ideas and experiences as well as to hear reports from the East Midlands Regional Council and from the Regional Trustee. Dates of these meetings can be found on the Events page
The Network has a Development Team to:
- Provide ideas/resources/information for the Network
- Offer support and encouragement to Network U3As
- Answer questions from U3As
- Give continuity and cohesion to the Network
And may include:
- Workshops geared towards improving the performance of U3As e.g. Committee members, Groups Co-Coordinators and Group Leaders, Treasurers,
- Providing communication forums for peer groups: giving members of different U3As the opportunity to discuss with their peers and share ideas, experience and materials.
- In Depth study groups formed from neighbouring U3As
- Shared Learning projects (SLP) involving a team of U3A members, usually from different U3As, exploring a specific topic for a set time span
- Study Days which can be run by a single U3A, by a group of U3As or by the Network.
- New U3A start-ups
The document outlining the Network Principles is available by following the link.