Hello Everyone in Huntingdon U3A.
I am sure that you will be pleased to know that the Monday Topic monthly sessions are starting up again from January 2020. We all want to say a big thank you to Barbara Holloway (and her predecessors) for the running of this group’s programmes. There has been a gap year so I expect that our new members will want some information about its purpose.
I hope that this is enough information for you:
- The Monday Topic (MT) is now being run by Andrew Fawcett and June Welton. Once it is up and running, we are happy to receive ideas and have suggestions from any of you.
- These sessions will be held on the 4th Monday of the month (1 or 2 differences – see list below) from 2.00 to 3.30 pm at the Huntingdon Library, upstairs in Meeting Room No. 2. (The advice is to arrive by 1.50 in order to make yourself a cuppa!)
- MT is not focusing on just one subject. Instead it provides a wide range of Topics to try to appeal to a wide variety of people’s interests. There will be plenty of opportunity for discussions and questions.
- Anyone from our HU3A membership can attend at the cost of £1 per session, to cover the room hire and cost of refreshments.
- MT can, therefore, be quite useful especially for those members that are unable to attend the Open Meetings. Feel free to contact us if you have a query.
Dates for 2020
27th January, 24th February, 23rd March, 27th April, 18th May (early because 4th Monday is a Bank Holiday), 22nd June, 27th July, NOT in August (school holidays), 28th September, 26th October, 23rd November, NOT in December.
The subject/topic for each session will be mentioned in the Upstream so that you will know if it appeals to you.
Andrew Fawcett and June Welton