Hello Everyone in Huntingdon U3A.
I am sure that you will be pleased to know that the Monday Topic monthly sessions have started up again from January 2022. We all want to say a big thank you to Barbara Holloway (and her predecessors) for the running of this group’s programmes. There has been a gap year so I expect that our new members will want some information about its purpose.
- The Monday Topic (MT) is now being run by Andrew Fawcett and June Welton. We are happy to receive ideas and have suggestions from any of you.
- These sessions will be held on the 4th Monday of the month from 2.00 to 3.30 pm at the Methodist Church, Huntingdon.
- MT is not focusing on just one subject. Instead it provides a wide range of Topics to try to appeal to a wide variety of people’s interests. There will be plenty of opportunity for discussions and questions.
- Anyone from our HU3A membership can attend at the cost of £1 per session, to cover the room hire.
- MT can, therefore, be quite useful especially for those members that are unable to attend the Open Meetings. Feel free to contact us if you have a query.
Now to update you for the next 3 months:
Monday 28th February - 2.00 to 3.45 pm. Karen Aspinall will be talking about "The Spanish Flu - A Century Ago!"
Monday 28th March - same time. June Welton is going to invite you to bring with you an interesting/ unusual/ historical/ family linked/ or employment linked item to show us and talk about it. I will certainly bring something to talk about.
Monday 25 April - same time. Wood Green is sending some representatives to talk to us about all the Animal Shelter issues up there, near us.
Important points to make now. Please do NOT come into the the rear hall before 2.00 pm, as we will be setting it all up for the members and speakers.
When you come in through the left side door, please sign up at the entry door and put £1 into the pot, to cover the cost of the room hiring. When we run refreshments at the kitchen, please donate 50p in the cup for what we serve.
The subject/topic for each session will be mentioned in the Upstream so that you will know if it appeals to you.
Andrew Fawcett and June Welton