Welcome to Hoylake, West Kirby & District U3A.
Julie Lee, our Speaker Secretary, has been busily arranging talks by speakers using the Zoom online meetings and conference facility.
The next Zoom talk will be on Thursday 4th March, then on 1st April, then on 6th May.
Please see the events page for details.
Please remember to follow the Government rules and guidelines to keep everyone safe.
Let's hope the pandemic is over soon so we can get back to our normal U3A routines.
Meanwhile, if you've got Zoom - use it. If you have problems try a phone call to a committee member for help. It's tricky trying to explain what's happening over the phone so an alternative aid is 'Team Viewer' or possibly the Microsoft 'Teams'. They are free apps so Google them:-
After downloading and installing it, use your phone to pass the offered ID and password to someone you trust. You are then allowing them to see your screen and they can, hopefully, see and explain to you what is going wrong. You can stop the viewing at any time.
(Like many apps, you will probably be required to register it. Simply means they need your email address.)
When things return to normal
Meanwhile, stay safe and well,
Your U3A Contacts:
Graham Thwaite (Chair) email@example.com 632 2742
Marjorie Hargreaves (Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org 632 1188
Graham Thwaite(Membership) email@example.com 632 2742
How much does it cost?
The 2021 annual subscription is unchanged at £20 due 31st January of each year. You will receive the national magazine 'Third Age Matters' by post 4 times a year for no extra charge.
What do we do in normal times?
• Speaker meetings take place on the first Thursday of the month
• Interest groups of which there are approximately 43. These are diverse and active groups and new groups are formed on a regular basis. Have look at the groups’ page to see what is on offer, there is something for everybody! You could even try something new! They are organised by the members themselves.
• Outings. The social committee work hard to organise outings to various places during the year and visits to local theatres. They are usually well attended. Have a look at our events page to see the sort of events we have done or are about to do.
• Meals/lunches. These are organised on a regular basis throughout the year. Again they are usually well attended.
Members of the committee can be found on our CONTACTS page
How can I join?
- Come along to any of our meetings and visit the Membership Table or ask for the Membership Secretary.
- Click on the link on the right of this page to get a Membership Form which you can print off and then complete. The completed form can be given to the Membership Secretary at the meeting or by post with a cheque to the address shown on the form.
- Existing Members can renew in the same way but please download and print off the Renewals Form instead.
You can be assured of a warm welcome!
Hoylake, West Kirby & District U3A September 2020
What is the U3A?
The Third Age Trust is the national representative body for the Universities of Third Age (U3As) in the UK. U3As are self-help, self-managed lifelong learning co-operatives for older people no longer in full time work, providing opportunities for their members to share learning experiences in a wide range of interest groups and to pursue learning not for qualifications, but for fun. Not only that, there are opportunities to enjoy a chat and a cuppa in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.
Who can join?
Anybody can join!