Hampshire South Central Network of U3As
The Hampshire South Central U3A Network currently has 17 groups (plus associated U3As in Jersey and Guernsey) containing over 5,300 members. Its primary objective is to be a forum for exchange of news, information, new ideas and best practice between the U3As within the network. To achieve this it:
- Offers training workshops for specific U3A topics and committee roles.
- Organises network study/interest days for members of the network’s U3As.
- Encourages shared learning projects.
- Encourages links between interest groups of individual member U3As for sharing information, skills and experience.
- Provides the opportunity to advertise to adjacent U3As vacancies within their activity groups which are struggling to make numbers and also for special events, excursions etc. which have spare spaces.
- Raises awareness of U3A in the local community.
It has already held a series of meetings for U3A chairmen, group liaison officers and membership secretaries. Further forums are planned for treasurers and speaker secretaries. It has also staged a very successful Biomedical Science Study Day at the University of Portsmouth.