Due to the Covid-19 situation we are not meeting. We are running monthly forums where group members are showing some of their photos, adding some comments, and each month we are selecting our favourite photo.
The photos on this page are all by Group members, click on a photo to enlarge it.
The June forum is now in progress, Please see the links on the right side of the page for previous forums.
In normal times what we do is below. Our aim is to enable members to:
- Meet and enjoy their photography.
- Improve their photography and increase confidence in taking photographs.
Meetings – Where, When and How Much Does It Cost?
- Meetings are once a month, all year round.
- Second Wednesday of Each Month, 10.00 to 12.00, Wesley Room, Methodist Church.
- Meetings will last 2 hours, including a tea/coffee break.
- We will have occasional, additional local outings.
- There will be a charge of £2.00 for each meeting, which will include tea/coffee.
What Will the Group Do
- To start the meeting, you will be encouraged to show around 5 of your photos on a theme set at the previous meeting. We will discuss them as a group and offer advice. For the March meeting the theme is “My favourite photos” - you must have taken these yourself and we're looking for photos that mean something to you and maybe tell a story. Please bring around five photos on a USB memory stick.
- If time allows, the second part of the meeting will involve some simple improvements that can be made to photos with a computer, and allow time for you to ask specific questions about your camera, computers, or photography in general. In March we'll look at handling exposure and the histogram.
- We will have occasional “visiting speakers” - and focus on specific topics (eg “landscape”, “people”).
- From time to time we may arrange local outings.
What Do You Need?
- You need – Something that takes photos – a camera or smart-phone. You don’t need a big, black, expensive camera!
- You don’t need a computer to join the group - it is possible to produce good photos straight out of the camera or smart-phone. But! the photos will often benefit from further work - and to bring photos to our meeting you need to get them onto a memory stick (or email them to me by prior arrangement). This part involves basic software, and it may be possible on a smart-phone, or can be done on a computer. We will introduce this at meetings and develop it as the Group wants.
If you have any questions, please click on the “send a message” carrier pigeon to the right of the page.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.
|More Group Pages|
|Digital Photography||Maths is Fun||Meditation*||Tennis|
|Textile Crafts||Walking (ambling)||Walking (easy)||Walking (moderate)|
|More Group Pages|
|Digital Photography||Maths is Fun|
|Textile Crafts||Walking (ambling)|
|Walking (easy)||Walking (moderate)|