Interest Group leader: Janet Perry
Meeting information: We meet on the 2nd and 4th Friday of each month at 2pm to 4pm.
Meeting venue: Hillingdon.
We are a group who are interested and enthusiastic to learn more about Social History, which has been described as looking at the lived experience of the past.
Topics we have covered include:
- The Police
- The Fire Service
- Food, etc. And how it has affected us through the years
- History of children in London
- 18th century Food markets
- History of the Handkerchief
- Herbs, both medicinal and culinary