Interest Group leaders: Carol Mitchell & Hilary Place
Meeting information: 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 10am to 12pm.
Meeting venue: Hillingdon.
** We will now run Hybrid meetings - face-to-face in the venue and on Zoom. **
Any Hu3a member is welcome to join the group, even if you just want a taster. You can contact Carol via the 'Click to send a message!' above.
The format of our meetings is that members speak on their chosen subject.
All the ‘ologies, physics, chemistry and their importance in everything around us - now and in the future.
- Great Scientists and Engineers and their achievements
- How things are designed, made and work
- Plants and Animals
- Earth, Planets and the Universe. The Big Bang
- Maths in Arts, Science and Engineering
- All Materials and their applications
- Genes and DNA. Evolution. Health.
- Medicine. Medical applications of Science and Technology.
- All sources of energy. Energy efficiency. Energy security.
- Nuclear Energy. Uses of Radioactivity.
- Oil or gas limited? Then what?
- Applications of Chemicals
- Weather. Water. Global Warming.
- Geology, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunami, Manmade disasters
- Computers and digital everything.
- Structures, Bridges
- Gadgets. Puzzles.
So our meetings are suitable for all levels.
Our 2022 Programme (all now back in the hall)
|2nd February||The Periodic Table||John Howard|
|16th February||What's so good about sex?||Sheppy Shepherd|
|16th March||Ideas to Reality||Malcolm Grimshaw (Former Head of Physical Sciences,Cambridge)|
|6th April||Archaeology at Cranford Park||Paul McGarrity (Community Engagement Project Officer for Cranford Park)|