Interest Group leader: Peter Underwood
Meeting information: Meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 10am to 12pm.
Meeting venue: Hillingdon.
Members speak on their chosen subject.
All the ‘ologies, physics, chemistry and their importance in everything around us - now and in the future.
- Great Scientists and Engineers and their achievements
- How things are designed, made and work
- Plants and Animals
- Earth, Planets and the Universe. The Big Bang
- Maths in Arts, Science and Engineering
- All Materials and their applications
- Genes and DNA. Evolution. Health.
- Medicine. Medical applications of Science and Technology.
- All sources of energy. Energy efficiency. Energy security.
- Nuclear Energy. Uses of Radioactivity.
- Oil or gas limited? Then what?
- Applications of Chemicals
- Weather. Water. Global Warming.
- Geology, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunami
- Manmade disasters
- Computers and digital everything.
- Structures, Bridges
- Gadgets. Puzzles.
Suitable for all levels.
Programme for 2019
|7th August||** No Meeting **|
|21st August||Lunch Outing|
|4th September||Clouds and Weather||Nick Fay|
|2nd October||Artificial Inteligence in Medical||Prof Sir Micheal Brady FRS|
Programme for 2020
|1st January 2020||** No Meeting **|
|15th January 2020||The Tides||Andy Austin|
|5th February 2020||The North Pole||Carol Mitchell|