Interest Group leader: Peter Underwood
Meeting information: Meets on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 10am to 12pm.
Meeting venue: Hillingdon.
** During this lockdown period, the Group are meeting as per above but via Video Conferencing using Jitsi. If you want to join this group even if you want a taster, then contact Sheppy via the 'Click to send a message!' above. **
Members speak on their chosen subject.
All the ‘ologies, physics, chemistry and their importance in everything around us - now and in the future.
- Great Scientists and Engineers and their achievements
- How things are designed, made and work
- Plants and Animals
- Earth, Planets and the Universe. The Big Bang
- Maths in Arts, Science and Engineering
- All Materials and their applications
- Genes and DNA. Evolution. Health.
- Medicine. Medical applications of Science and Technology.
- All sources of energy. Energy efficiency. Energy security.
- Nuclear Energy. Uses of Radioactivity.
- Oil or gas limited? Then what?
- Applications of Chemicals
- Weather. Water. Global Warming.
- Geology, Volcanoes, Earthquakes, Tsunami
- Manmade disasters
- Computers and digital everything.
- Structures, Bridges
- Gadgets. Puzzles.
Suitable for all levels.
Programme for 2020 (all currently online via Jitsi)
|21st October||Roald Amundsen - Part 1||Carol Mitchell|
|4th November||Roald Amundsen - Part 2||Carol Mitchell|
|TBA||Gravity and Me-Jim Al-Khalili DVD||Len Fenton|
|TBA||The Mystery of Dark Energy DVD||Len Fenton|
|TBA||The Geology of the Chilterns and the Impact of HS2||Haydon Bailey|
|TBA||Combat Survival||Bob Young|