Welcome to the U3A for H H & D
The Hurst, Hassocks and Ditchling U3A website.
We encourage members to join from all the surrounding downland village, including Hurstpierpoint, Clayton, Albourne, Sayers Common, Plumpton and further afield, if you like what you see.
Launched in 2012, HHD now have over 300 members and are full members of The Third Age Trust (U3A national office) and a member of SUN, the Sussex U3A Network. We now have registered charity status - no. 1166194. We now have links with the Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath U3As who have agreed that members of all three U3As may attend each other’s monthly meetings on showing their membership cards and paying any entry fees. NB Burgess Hill cannot currently have visitors due to their small hall.
The U3A (University of the Third Age) is a popular, low cost, learning organisation for people no longer in full time employment. Anyone can join - all you need is interest and enthusiasm! No qualifications needed and none given - just the opportunity to share your knowledge, experiences and talents with others in a friendly, informal environment!
We endeavour to :
- recruit interesting speakers on diverse subjects for our monthly meetings,
- organise outings to various venues in Sussex, London and further afield,
- run successful social events for members,
- have established over 40 interest groups covering a wide variety of topics
- encourage using free online courses (MOOCs) and resources.
Activities for those currently housebound during the current health crisis can be downloaded from the Housebound? page.
Our members also participate in activities provided by the Sussex U3A Network (SUN) who have forty local u3as as members. SUN provide workshops, study days and county wide projects. The Third Age Trust runs national events.
This website, and the SUN website, are regularly updated with news of forthcoming events, so please visit them regularly.
Information on Shared Learning Projects, MOOCs and online learning are on the Learning page.
Members concerned about online fraud and scams can go to the national website action fraud to report and research any concerns.
Use the Contact page to email any specific committee members, under general enquiries, or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- To email a group or event organiser: click on 'Send a Message', on the relevant group or event page, or use the Contact page links.
Membership. This runs annually from 1st April to 31st March. The current annual subscription is still £16.
- To join us, click here for a new member form. Please complete and submit all 4 parts. (NB.This information Is only required when first joining.)
- To renew your U3A membership in for April 2020, click on membership renewal for information. Membership cards can be collected at our Open Morning on Saturday 21st March from 10am to 12 noon.
Group Coordinators can download various forms and documents from the Groups webpage.
Got a Story to Tell? The u3a Sources magazine has a new website for groups to send an article for the website and magazine. Go to sources.u3a.org.uk and click the parallel lines in top RH corner for the menu. Click on 'Submit a Story'.
Original photographs of HHD U3A activities are shown on this site. Photographers must ask the subject group for their consent. Those not wishing to participate in a photo can move out of shot. Any photos used can be removed via personal requests from members through email@example.com