Contact: Peter Newman, 07771 593158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Next walk - to be decided.
The objective of the walking group is to enjoy a sociable experience while helping to maintain fitness and well-being.
The following is a list of the key points that are useful to know if you are considering joining the walking group:
1. Walks take place most Wednesdays. Usual start time of 10:00am, meet at 9:55.
2. Walks are usually between 4–7 miles, taking 1.5 – 2.5 hours. Most are around 5 miles taking about 2 hours.
3. Most walks are in the countryside, but a few are town/city based.
4. Most walks start within 10 miles of Havant and are circular, i.e. start and finish at the same point.
5. The group size on each walk varies but is usually between 8-16 people.
6. Members are encouraged to introduce and lead their favourite walks to add to the group’s repertoire.
7. Prior to each walk, members are emailed (Sunday or Monday) with details including length/duration, directions/parking, difficulty, details of the terrain and any other considerations.
8. A stout pair of waterproof shoes or boots is strongly recommended. Some walkers also use walking poles or sticks.
9. The only costs associated with the walking group (other than your equipment), are parking (occasional, most walks start from free parking areas), refreshments if we stop at a café or pub (optional) and one regular walk includes a small charge for a ferry ride.
Some of our recent walks:
17/11/21 - 4.25 mile walk from Wickham and along the old railway line track.
10/11/21 - 5.5 mile walk from West Marden.
03/11/21 - 5 mile walk around the Southwick area.
27/10/21 - 4 mile walk along Portsdown Hill
20/10/21 - 6.25 mile walk from Bursledon down the Hamble river, Warsash and back.
13/10/21 - 5 mile walk around the Chidham peninsula.
06/10/21 - 5 mile walk around the Stansted estate.
29/09/21 - 4 mile walk round Harting Down including Beacon Hill.
22/09/21 - 4.5 mile walk from Funtington to East & West Ashling and back.
15/09/21 - 5.5 mile walk along the Titchfield Canal and surrounding area.
08/09/21 - 4.5 mile walk from and around the Finchdean area.
01/09/21 - 4.5 mile walk from Emsworth Yacht Harbour to Nutbourne and Prinsted and back.
25/08/21 - 4.5 mile walk from Boxgrove to Halnaker Mill and back.
18/08/21 - 5 mile walk from East Meon and across the South Downs.
11/08/21 - 5 mile walk around the Stansted area.
04/08/21 - 4.5 mile walk from Kingley Vale to Stoke Clump & West Ashling and back.
28/07/21 - 4¼ mile walk around the Up Marden area.
21/07/21 - 4.5 mile walk from Buriton around the surrounding area.
14/07/21 - 5 mile walk from Langstone to Emsworth and back via Warblington.
07/07/21 - 6½ mile walk from Lavant to Chichester and back via Centurion Way.
30/06/21 - 3.75 mile walk from Walderton via Asdean and back.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.