Contact: Peter Newman, 07771 593158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE - WALKS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO THE CURRENT AND ONGOING CORONAVIRUS ISSUE
The objective of the walking group is to enjoy a sociable experience while helping to maintain fitness and well-being.
The following is a list of the key points that are useful to know if you are considering joining the walking group:
1. Walks take place most Wednesdays. Usual start time of 10:00am, meet at 9:55.
2. Walks are usually between 4–7 miles, taking 1.5 – 2.5 hours. Most are around 5 miles taking about 2 hours.
3. Most walks are in the countryside, but a few are town/city based.
4. Most walks start within 10 miles of Havant and are circular, i.e. start and finish at the same point.
5. The group size on each walk varies but is usually between 8-16 people.
6. Members are encouraged to introduce and lead their favourite walks to add to the group’s repertoire.
7. Prior to each walk, members are emailed (Sunday or Monday) with details including length/duration, directions/parking, difficulty, details of the terrain and any other considerations.
8. A stout pair of waterproof shoes or boots is strongly recommended. Some walkers also use walking poles or sticks.
9. The only costs associated with the walking group (other than your equipment), are parking (occasional, most walks start from free parking areas), refreshments if we stop at a café or pub (optional) and one regular walk includes a small charge for a ferry ride.
Some of our recent walks:
11/03/20 - 5½ mile walk along the Hayling seafront including a short train ride
26/02/20 – 5 mile walk from the Mountbatten Centre, along the Hilsea Lines and back again.
12/02/20 – 5 mile walk around Bedhampton and Farlington marshes.
05/02/20 – 4 mile walk from The Ship in Langstone, down the Billy Trail, back by bus.
29/01/20 – 4½ mile walk from Canoe Lake to Old Portsmouth and back.
22/01/20 – 4½ mile walk around the Stansted estate.
08/01/20 – 5 mile walk from Emsworth Yacht Harbour to Nutbourne, Prinsted and back.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.