Contact: Peter Newman, 07771 593158 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE - WALKS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED AS PER GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES. An update when we will resume will be posted here when we know we are able to do so.
Next walk - 28th October 2020 - Farlington Marshes 5 miles walk.
The objective of the walking group is to enjoy a sociable experience while helping to maintain fitness and well-being.
The following is a list of the key points that are useful to know if you are considering joining the walking group:
1. Walks take place most Wednesdays. Usual start time of 10:00am, meet at 9:55.
2. Walks are usually between 4–7 miles, taking 1.5 – 2.5 hours. Most are around 5 miles taking about 2 hours.
3. Most walks are in the countryside, but a few are town/city based.
4. Most walks start within 10 miles of Havant and are circular, i.e. start and finish at the same point.
5. The group size on each walk varies but is usually between 8-16 people.
6. Members are encouraged to introduce and lead their favourite walks to add to the group’s repertoire.
7. Prior to each walk, members are emailed (Sunday or Monday) with details including length/duration, directions/parking, difficulty, details of the terrain and any other considerations.
8. A stout pair of waterproof shoes or boots is strongly recommended. Some walkers also use walking poles or sticks.
9. The only costs associated with the walking group (other than your equipment), are parking (occasional, most walks start from free parking areas), refreshments if we stop at a café or pub (optional) and one regular walk includes a small charge for a ferry ride.
Some of our recent walks:
04/11/20 - 5 mile walk from Canoe Lake to Old Portsmouth and back.
28/10/20 - 5 mile walk from Bedhampton to Farlington Marshes.
14/10/20 - 6.5 mile walk from Lavant to Chichester and back.
07/10/20 - 4 mile from Walderton via 4 seats and back again.
30/09/20 - 4½ mile walk around North Hayling.
23/09/20 - 4¼ mile walk around the Compton area.
16/09/20 - 5 mile walk from Rowlands Castle to Finchdean, Stansted and back.
09/09/20 – 4½ mile walk along the old Wickham to Alton railway line and surrounding area.
02/09/20 - 4 mile walk along Portsdown Hill.
26/08/20 - 6¼ mile walk from Exton to Warnford and back.
12/08/20 - 5 mile walk from Langstone to Emsworth and back via Warblington
05/08/20 - 5 mile walk around the Kingly Vale Nature Reserve area.
29/07/20 - 5 mile walk from Emsworth Yacht Harbour to Nutbourne and Prinsted.
22/07/20 - 5¼ mile walk from Walderton via Racton and Broad Reed Farm and back.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.