Contact: Peter Newman, 07771 593158 or email@example.com
Next walk - not yet decided.
The objective of the walking group is to enjoy a sociable experience while helping to maintain fitness and well-being.
The following is a list of the key points that are useful to know if you are considering joining the walking group:
1. Walks take place most Wednesdays. Usual start time of 10:00am, meet at 9:55.
2. Walks are usually between 4–7 miles, taking 1.5 – 2.5 hours. Most are around 5 miles taking about 2 hours.
3. Most walks are in the countryside, but a few are town/city based.
4. Most walks start within 10 miles of Havant and are circular, i.e. start and finish at the same point.
5. The group size on each walk varies but is usually between 8-16 people.
6. Members are encouraged to introduce and lead their favourite walks to add to the group’s repertoire.
7. Prior to each walk, members are emailed (Sunday or Monday) with details including length/duration, directions/parking, difficulty, details of the terrain and any other considerations.
8. A stout pair of waterproof shoes or boots is strongly recommended. Some walkers also use walking poles or sticks.
9. The only costs associated with the walking group (other than your equipment), are parking (occasional, most walks start from free parking areas), refreshments if we stop at a café or pub (optional) and one regular walk includes a small charge for a ferry ride.
Some of our recent walks:
15/06/22 - 4.5 mile walk around the Compton area.
01/06/22 - 5 mile walk around the Buriton area.
25/05/22 - 4.75 mile walk from Mountbatten Centre along sea wall and around Hilsea Lines.
18/05/22 - 5.5 mile walk from Stansted to West Marden and back.
11/05/22 - 6 mile walk along the Hamble river and back via Warsash.
04/05/22 - 5 mile walk from Rowlands Castle via Finchdean and Idsworth.
27/04/22 - 4 mile walk from Walderton via the 4 seats.
20/04/22 - 4.5 mile walk from Emsworth Yacht Harbour via Nutbourne and Prinstead.
13/04/22 - 5 mile walk around Kingly Vale.
30/03/22 - 5 mile walk from Rowlands Castle via Finchdean and Idsworth.
23/03/22 - 5 mile walk around the West Dean area.
09/03/22 - 5 mile walk along Southsea seafront.
02/03/22 - 5 mile walk from Rowlands Castle via Finchdean and Idsworth.
23/02/22 - 5 mile walk around the Stansted estate.
16/02/22 - 5 mile walk around the South of Waterlooville.
09/02/22 - 4.5 mile walk along Hayling Seafront.
02/02/22 - 5 mile walk around the Stoughton ring.
26/01/22 - 5 mile walk from Stoughton to Kingly Vale and back.
19/01/22 - 4.25 mile walk around the Stansted estate.
12/01/22 - 5 mile walk from Langstone to Emsworth and back.
05/01/22 - 5 mile walk from Charlton to The Trundle and back.
21/12/21 - 5.5 mile walk from Westbourne, Racton & Woodmancote.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.