We Welcome New Members to our U3A
Are you no longer in fulltime employment, nor busy raising a family? If so, are you looking for interesting and stimulating daytime activities in the company of others? If this applies then joining Haslemere u3a may be just what you need.
What we offer
- Over 60 interest, recreational and study groups which meet weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Access to an interesting talk each month with visiting speaker
- Social events, trips and outings
- A monthly newsletter with general interest articles and information about u3a activities
- Four free issues annually of the national magazine Third Age Matters
- An opportunity to join in regional and national u3a events.
When can you join
New members can join at any time during the year by paying the full fee. Our year runs from 1 September to 31 August and members joining after 1 April will enjoy membership until August the following year. The annual membership fee is currently just £6.
‘Lapsed members’ can rejoin by paying the full fee.
Before you join, we recommend you check with the group leader that there are vacancies in the group you are interested in. Many groups operate a waiting list system as the numbers they can manage are limited. Please go to GROUPS on the website for contact details for a group leader.
The u3a is a self-help learning organisation and in order to run our u3a successfully, we rely on our members helping out in many different ways. This includes leading/convening groups, administration and technical help, joining the tea helpers’ rota and our Committee.
Please speak to a committee member if you feel you would like to help in any way.
To apply for membership
For new members and lapsed members wishing to rejoin:
Please Download the Application Form from the link on this page, print and complete the form then make payment and send it as instructed.