The Musical Appreciation Group has gone online!
During the current lockdown, the Musical Appreciation Group is making online presentations. Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, one of our members will suggest up to 3 favourite tracks. These will be presented via YouTube, along with the reasons they are farourites and background information about the artists.
If you would like to offer your choices, please email Barry (if you don’t have his address, the carrier pigeon at the top right of the screen will carry your message to him).
Ray Elliston & Barry Liddle
The following arrangements will resume once the lockdown is over.
Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month. A varied programme of events until Easter is currently being developed. The musical theme or topic for each meeting will be notified in advance to those who have asked to be on the mailing list.
- Meetings will be held at Grange Road Methodist Church Community Centre on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month.
- Please arrive via the Tankerville Street entrance in time for a 2.30 start.
- The meeting will take place in the Lower Hall on the Ground Floor; the room has been booked for 2 hours. Please note this room is fully accessible for members with mobility issues.
- There will be a charge of £2 per person to cover room hire and there will be a suggested donation of £1 for refreshments.
- A note on Car Parking. If you are arriving by car please note that there are a limited number of car parking permits for parking in Tankerville Street and immediately adjacent to the side of the church in Milton Road – ‘permits’ can be obtained from reception. They are issued on a ‘first come first served basis’. Non-permit parking spaces are available in Sheriff Street and Thornville Road. If you are not familiar with the area, please allow a little extra time on arrival to locate a suitable space.
For further information please contact Barry Liddle at our monthly meetings or by clicking the carrier pigeon icon at the top right corner of this page.