Group Co-ordinator : Penny Marson
Venue: Meetings are held at the Group Leader's Home.
We meet on the 4th Wednesday of every month from 10.00 until 12.00 noon.
We prepare a short talk on any topic in which we have an interest. After each talk we have a short discussion about it.
The Topics can be on any aspect of British Social History between 1800 and 1950 (in theory),but we often find we need to investigate earlier or later in that time frame in order to make sense of the particular topic.
Here are some examples:
- Bourneville Village and the Cadbury Family
- The Abdication Crisis (King Edward VIII and Wallace Simpson)
- Food and Drinks investigated included - Coffee,Cheese, Essex,Gin, Ice Cream, Pie and Mash, Stewed Eels and so on.
- History of the Garden, changing styles and new Plants.
- Life and Times of Thomas Cook, Amy Bessant, May of Leek and the Mitford Sisters.