Update on Groups currently operating
This provides information on which groups are currently operating and by what means in view of the ongoing situation with the Covid-19 pandemic.
Quite a few of our groups quickly adapted to using Zoom or meet outdoor; some groups have returned to meeting indoors. The latest information is as follows:
GROUPS OPERATING ON ZOOM OR PLANNING TO RETURN TO MEETING IN PERSON:
A mixture of face-to-face sessions hosted by players and using ONLINE BRIDGE WEBSITES such as BBO, SHARK and TRICKSTER:
GROUPS MEETING IN PERSON and also ACCESSIBLE ON ZOOM (Hybrid meeting)
- Tai chi - Since September, this class has returned to a new venue: St Michael's Hall near London Field, Lansdowne Drive, E8 3ER, at the new time of 14:00-15:00 and also continues to be hosted over Zoom
GROUPS ALTERNATING BETWEEN ZOOM AND MEETING IN PERSON
GROUPS MEETING OUTSIDE:
- Art - Re-started 9 April in member's garden and now meeting in different outdoor venues, see their group page or Events page for details. This group may move to Springfield Park House.
- Bird Watching - we meet on the first Monday of the month and walk the same route, so we keep our records of birds spotted by month
- Exploring London – see Events page for details of next meeting
- Long Walks - Re-started 28th May within government guidelines
- Nordic Walking - Wednesday 11.30-12.30 in Springfield park
- Shorter Walks - Restarted 7th October, see Events page for details of next walk
GROUPS MEETING INDOORS:
- Badminton NEW Britannia Leisure Centre, Thursdays at 11:00 to 13:00
- Current Affairs Restarted in St Joseph's Hospice, Mare Street on 27th July and have continued to meet fortnightly. The group is having its last meeting before the Christmas break on 14th December; meetings will resume in January.
- Pilates (not open for new members) - Since September, the Monday session has returned to a new venue: St Michael's Hall near London Field, Lansdowne Drive, E8 3ER, at the new time of 12:45-13:45.
- Poetry Writing - once a month at the Group Leader's home in Stoke Newington, N16
GROUPS TO HOPEFULLY RE-START SOON:
- Reading and Discussion Books – Over Zoom or outside
OTHER GROUPS MAY BE IN TOUCH WITH THEIR MEMBERS