WELCOME and thank you for your part in organising a group for GU3A. We value the commitment you have made and your input is very much appreciated.
The forms and policies you may need can be found here: policy&forms.
Guidelines for operating your group
- We want you to enjoy your activities. These guidelines are intended to help you.
- As Group Coordinator you agree with the Activity Coordinator the description of your activity for the Committee and the website, and to notify them if there are any significant changes.
- You set the day, time and frequency to suit your timetable; please do not organise activities that clash with the monthly meetings or the 5th Wednesday Lectures. If you need to miss a group session for any reason, please ensure your members are informed.
- You must keep a Register which should include contact details of all group members, including their current Membership Number. It is also important that group members have a contact number for you.
- If you have any queries on your role, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Activity Coordinator or any Committee Member. We are all here to help make your time as Group Coordinator as enjoyable and trouble-free as possible.
- If you experience any difficulties in managing your group or accessing necessary resources, please make contact with any one of the Committee. Our aim is that you should enjoy working with your group as much as the members enjoy being part of it.
If you wish to set up a new Activity Group
- Please contact our Activity Coordinator.
- All members of your group must hold a current membership card and pay the cover charge for each session attended. After deduction of expenses all collected fees should be recorded on a Monthly Returns Form and paid to the Treasury Team at the monthly get-together. (We preferthat this is done by cheque - payable to GU3A).
- You should not be subsidising GU3A activities therefore information and forms related to the claiming of Expenses are easily accessible on our website and from the Treasury Team.
- In the event of an emergency please contact the emergency services immediately. If using a mobile telephone the emergency number is 112 or 999. An Accident Report form is in your pack and available on the website; please complete a form and pass it to the Secretary at the earliest opportunity. Please also inform a member of the Committee ASAP by phone.
- The National U3A has a large collection of Resources which are available by return of post from the Resource Centre and should you wish to take advantage of this service there is a Registration Form to complete and send off on our website.
- are available via the links in the sidebar.
Aims and Objectives of U3A
- The Third Age Trust reminds us that we all should refresh ourselves from time to time on what the Aims and Objectives of U3A are:
- i. to advance the education of the public, and in particular the education of older people no longer in full time gainful employment, in Guisborough and its surrounding locality;
- ii. the provision of facilities for leisure time and recreational activities with the object of improving the conditions of life for the above persons in the interests of their social welfare.