Venue: Sleights Court - 3rd Friday of the month - 2pm for about 1 hour
THIS GROUP IS CANCELLED FROM FRIDAY MARCH 20TH 2020 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Activity Charge: £1
We’re a self-help group for photographers interested in exploring/sharing with others how to take better pictures. We usually bring along photos on a USB stick that illustrate a topic decided in advance (and perhaps add a few recent photos that we'd like to show), project them through a laptop and/or projector (supplied!) and talk a bit about them. Sometimes instead we’ll discuss how to get the best out of our cameras, or achieve certain effects, or improve an existing shot through photo-editing software.
On a few occasions each year, instead we meet for a 'field' session, where we prowl a geographical location and look for interesting photos to take and to show at our meeting the following month. In recent times we've been to Stokesley, Great Ayton, Guisborough town, Gisborough Priory, Stewart Park, Whitby and Skinningrove, among others.
We offer a warm welcome to new members. Contact the Group Coordinator, Margaret, on 01287-632286, or via email from the link in the right-hand column – or simply come along to our next meeting.
Past meetings and topics in 2019/2020:
- 18 January: A Touch of Blue
- 15 February: Winter
- 15 March: Gardens
- 19 April: [Outdoor location, to be decided]
- 17 May: Sweet things -- plus the outdoor images from April
- 21 June: Kirkleatham, meet by the fountain in the courtyard
- 19 July: Sculpture / Garden ornaments -- plus the outdoor images from June
- 16 August: [Outdoor location, to be decided]
- 20 September: People -- plus the outdoor images from August
- 18 October: Birds
- 15 November: Topic - Pathways and/or Favourites
- 20 December: CANCELLED
- 17 January: Black and White
- 21 February:Plastic
Below is a small gallery of some of our members' favourite photos. Double-click on any photo to see a larger version.
- Margaret Wallen
- Margaret Grant
- Pauline Taylor
- Rod Cuff
- Dorothy Robins
- Barrie Robins
- Lyn Smith