There are some vacancies on the iPad course due to start on Sept. 23rd. Go to the iPad group page for more info and to make contact.
- Downton Abbey at Le Mallard. This event is now FULLY BOOKED
Dear All U3A members
Due to the poor weather forecast for this Wednesday 11th September I have decided to postpone this U3A day trip to Sark to a week later on Wednesday 18th September. The updated joining information is attached.
Sark Shipping have been most helpful. The ticket price remain £22.50p
For those of you who have not yet purchased your tickets you use your code (online or in the office) to book your tickets. If booked online, I suggest collecting the tickets before the 18th. Code: U3A180919
Our ferry will be dep. Guernsey at 8a.m. and dep. Sark at 5p.m.
For those of you who (like me) have already purchased your tickets – they can be changed with no charge at Sark Shipping Office.
Please would you pass this information on to all others that you booked initially by email with me.
Also please tell any other members who you think may be interested to email me at U3a Group Trips
If this new date is not possible for you please tell me by reply – and I am sorry you will miss it.
For everyone else – the weather forecast from this Saturday onwards and throughout all next week is a settled high pressure with 19* - 20*C and light winds!
For joining instructions click on this link Joining info Sark 18.9.19
The last Blog from Sue Knowles is now on the Chair's Blog page
- U3A Herm Trip/Walks
On Thursday 20th June several U3A members sailed off to our Paradise Island of Herm.
On our way across we passed the cruise ship Aurora.
Although the weather was grey to start with the sun finally showed it’s face.
When we arrived at the harbour we split into two groups, one walking the South cliff path, the other towards Shell Beach. Several puffins could be seen flying around the East coast from the cliff path. When we reached Belvoir Bay some of us stopped for a much needed coffee but the braver ones went swimming. We all made our way back across the beaches or coastal paths to meet up at the Mermaid where we had lunch in the sunshine.
This trip gave us all an opportunity to meet others that we may not have otherwise met.
I can safely say that everyone had a good day out and thanks go to Sheena Melrose and Anne Sandwith for organising the trip & walks and to Dave Lowe for the photographs.
- The Walking Group needs leaders for August, please let Bob know, via the pigeon on the group page, if you would be able to lead a walk in August.
- The Sea Swimming timetable is now available on the group page. First swim on Tuesday 18th June at Port Soif, meet at 10am just below steps on right.
- After the Introduction to Padel, on 9th April, we now have a Padel Wednesday at 3pm and a Padel Thursday at 10am. Go to the Group pages for further details.
- To read the latest Newsletter click on this link Newsletter Issue 18 :08/19
- Click on the link for the latest News on Interest Groups - August 2019
Drawing Group goes from strength to strength
- We are a regular group of 12 - 14 and great progress is being made, everyone is very positive and in spite of the hard concentration needed, we have lots of laughs. We all gathered together at the Eisteddfod this year to view David Fords “tiger “ for which he was justly awarded a First Class certificate, so the aim of the group is have far more entries in next year.
|Guernsey U3A closed Facebook group|
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.