The Strollers Group
The U3A Strollers group is organised by Carol Littlewood with the intention of providing members with gentle walks and social well being.
All walks are around 2 to 3 mile in length and always finish with a social lunch.
We currently have a core membership of around 25 members who stroll every 4th Wednesday in the month throughout the year.
Typical Summer Walks:
- Portland Basin Ashton (canal)
- Sett Valley Trail Hayfield (Old railway line)
- Mossy Lee Glossop (pathways)
- Roaches Lock Saddleworth (canal)
Typical Winter Walks:
- Blue Plaques Stockport (Pavement)
- Pankhurst Statue and Rylands library Manchester (Pavement)
- Northern Quarter Street art Manchester (Pavement)
- Manor Park and Woods Hospital Glossop (Pavement)
The next stroll will be meeting at Glossop Station at 11.00 am for a walk through Manor Park,Old Glossop then up to The Heath and past Wood Hospital and through Howard Park finishing at the Norfolk Arms for lunch.