We meet on the 3rd Wednesday afternoon monthly at The Windings (near Tesco), Helsby or at a suitable outdoor venue. (Please click on the pigeon on the right to ask for more information).
- The aims of the group are:-
- To get out and have fun using whatever camera you have.
- Share and discuss your pictures in a friendly, non competitive environment.
- Improve your own photographic skills along the way.
Recently the group decided to try a few changes to our indoor meetings.
1) Images should now be sent to Jenny in an email on the Monday before the Wednesday meeting. The images can then be shown on the TV screen. If you are unable to do this please bring your images to the meeting on a memory stick.
2) For each indoor meeting people should submit 3 images, 1 in each category. September - Nos 1-3 challenges as on the schedule. For more information email via the pigeon on the right.
3) For each two-monthly outdoor visit people should submit 3 images if possible. The outdoor meeting in August was the Butterfly House in Victoria Park, Widnes
4) We have a secret vote to choose the best image in each group, and then talk about each image in turn.
5) We also decided to continue the critique of images brought in by a member of the group.
The revised meeting format proved to be popular with the members and so will continue for the foreseeable future.
The group judged the photos from Frodsham Festival of Walks recently. See the results here.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Wed Jan 16th||The next meeting of the group will be at 2.00pm on Wednesday 16th January 2019 at the Windings.|
For the meeting you will need the following:
3 images of Christmas
The next 3 images for the Challenge shown below.
WEEK 7 - Portrait: Faceless. Tell someone's story without showing their face.
WEEK 8 - Landscape: Wide Angle/Panorama. This is a great opportunity to explore panorama stitching and create a wide sweeping landscape.
WEEK 9 - Artistic: Shadows. The opposite of light is dark, the absence of light is shadow. Interpret this into a masterpiece.
For 'Week 8' don't worry too much about producing a stitched panorama any sweeping landscape will be fine.