The Urban Sketchers group meets on the first and third Tuesday mornings of each month under the bell tower at 10.30. We then disperse in pairs or threes to sketch in Evesham, and reconvene at a cafe (decided on the day)to talk about sketching. There is no assessment.
Urban sketching is a growing community activity around the world. This is a wonderful opportunity to connect with this global community for the purpose of promoting drawing as a community strengthening activity.
The basic principles are as follows:
• We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
• Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
• Our drawings are a record of time and place.
• We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
• We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
• We support each other and draw together.
We could also agree to share our drawings online.
We would welcome new members. Click on my name to get in touch.