These are the July Quiz questions. Answers are given below.
1. What common name was dianthus barbatus given to honour the Duke of Cumberland's victory at the Battle of Culloden?
2. What name do the Scots sometimes call the weed noxious ragwort, also in memory of the infamous Duke?
3. Which fruit has main varieties slicing, burpless, and pickling?
4. What is the national fruit of India, Pakistan, and the Philippines?
5. Which 30 acre sculpture garden, created by Charles Jencks, is near Dumfries in Scotland?
6. Which fruit was cultivated from crossing a blackberry and a raspberry?
7. What colour is a Welsh poppy?
8. The Major Oak, one of the most visited trees in England, is found in which forest?
9. The anniversary of which prime ministers death is commemorated in the U.K. as Primrose Day?
10. What were the names of the two donkeys that accompanied Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, when she visited The Donkey Sanctuary on their 50th anniversary?
Answers are given below, scroll down
1. Sweet William
2. Stinking Billy
5. The Garden of Cosmic Speculation
8. Sherwood Forest
9. Benjamin Disraeli
10. William and Harry