NEWS FROM ASSOCIATION U3AS
Do you have any News or upcoming events that you would like to share? Contact the Chairman if you would like anything added.
Current U3A’s Activities During the Covid-19 Crisis
We recently asked all the U3A’s in the Association to let us know what they are doing in these difficult times to keep in touch with their members and how the various groups are managing the current situation. The response has been overwhelming and it was difficult to know where to start and how best to relay the information.
To give examples specific to individual U3A’s would produce to much information so we have decided to give a bullet point list of the various things people are doing and making use of, in the hope that you find it useful and inspirational.
- Virtual committee meeting more regular than usual via Zoom.
- Weekly newsletter with national and local information via email and published on websites
- Virtual Group meeting held via Zoom
- Daily boredom busters (quizzes)
- The introduction of private Facebook accounts for members
- Daily blogs to members with useful information and light-hearted stories
- Weekly letters from the chair
- Service for members for collection of prescriptions, etc
- Lending library for book (all thoroughly cleaned)
- Chatline and buddy phone call services
- Group leaders making welfare checks on group members
- Members helping to make PPE for the NHS
- Weekly quizzes
- Committee members taking responsibility for regular contact with members not on email
- The issue of a Smile Newsletter with jokes and light-hearted humour
- Online magazine where members are asked to contribute, poems, short stories, anecdotes, quizzes and items of interest
- Virtual Film Club for viewing and discussion
If anyone would like more information in setting up any of the above, please contact the %Business Secretary% who will try to put you in contact with the appropriate person.
Finally, a big thank you to all those U3A’s that have replied and helped in putting this information together.