Beacon Admin Job Description
Beacon is the Membership Management System for all u3as.
It ensures that u3as comply with all legal requirements on Data Privacy.
- Support all authorised users with their access and use of the Beacon database
- Generate new temporary passwords for system users
- Set up roles and access for new users
- Set up new interest groups
- Encourage group leaders to use Beacon to maintain their membership details and to contact their group
- Monitor email delivery and ‘unblock’ emails when necessary
- Point of contact for the national Beacon Team
- Attend monthly committee meetings
- Undertake such duties as are assigned / requested by the Committee
All Committee members are automatically trustees of Ems Valley u3a and we therefore have all the normal responsibilities of a Trustee.