Our Inaugural meeting was on TUESDAY 8 DECEMBER 2020 at 11.00 but in future we meet on: the 2nd TUESDAY of the MONTH at 10.00. We have unlimited time but it usually last about 1 to 1/4 hours. If members want to continue, we can do that. We can take a break at any time. Of course you can come and go as you please.
If you contact me to be added to my Reading Conversation group list, please give your name, email address and phone number/s. You can be removed at any time, just email me to request this. Your contact details are purely so I can get in touch with you if things change,last minute.
To all members on my list, I send out a Meeting Memo with the I.D. and Passcode to join the meeting.
WHAT WE DON'T DO: We do-not all of us read the same book and discuss that.
WHAT WE DO: We discuss books, poetry, quotations, articles you we have read (maybe talk about films made of the Titles.Please note: The 'books' can be something you've just read, or something you read ages ago, anything you'd like to share - your reading loves and loathes. Have 'up your sleeve' as many 'contributions' as you'd like to put forward. It depends of numbers of contributors and time whether we can hear all of them! Of course you can join our meeting and not talk, just watch and listen.
Here are a few tips, in case you'd like to contribute but are uncertain where to start.
- Personally I prepare a script, but don't necessarily keep to it! You could do likewise or just talk spontaneously.
- Obviously we want to know the TITLE and AUTHOR.
- If you have a PICTURE of the FRONT COVER, please display that, or simply hold it up in front of the camera.
- You could TELL US BRIEFLY ABOUT THE AUTHOR and any REVUES - good or bad, and whether you agree or not. You can use a search engine for this (e.g google, duck duck go).
- If you wish to READ A PASSAGE FROM YOUR CHOSEN 'BOOK', that's great.
FINALLY: I do hope you will be encouraged to attend our meetings. We are quite informal, so there's no need to feel intimidated. It's a bit like 'food & drink' anyone can have an opinion, some of us might agree with what you say, others disagree. There is no Right or Wrong.
Use messenger bird to email Katie for details