SOCIAL - News, newsletter and more
We use this page for Newsletters, Newsflashes, Community News, General News and u3a Member's Stories. If you want an item added just click on the 'Send a Message'.
You can now get a monthly newsletter directly from The Third Age Trust
To register follow this link ==> Register for Newsletter from TAT
There is a newsletter archive you can access without registering if you simply want to see what's on offer. ==>TAT Newsletter archive
* Read the article about East Grinstead u3a in the December edition of RH Uncovered ==>Great Publicity
* If you click on this ==> Kindertransport and u3a you will open a very interesting mailing sent from the u3a office:
'On National Kindertransport Day (2 December), we will be hosting an event with Dame Esther Rantzen which feature u3a members with ties to the Kindertransport.
u3a guest speakers will include Kindertransport evacuees themselves, children of ‘the kinder’ and those who have grown up calling these rescued children their sibling.'
* Join our East Grinstead u3a Facebook page!
1. You first need to register an ID on Facebook
2. Once joined, just search for "EGU3A"
3. Ask to subscribe to the EGU3A closed group
4. You will be asked to prove your U3A identity (Member number and name).
5. Once approved you are a new member
* And now a central U3A Facebook page too "U3A: Keeping in Touch"
Register in the same way.
* Are you hard of hearing? Is everyone mumbling? Are you fed up with missing out in conversations?? Then try finding out about Lip Reading. We are actively promoting a course which starts on 4th October. The details can be found here ==> Lipreading course. Hilary Lagden is running the course in Forest Row. Depending upon numbers there will be a small charge per session, to cover costs. But the first session will be a free taster!!
Lift Sharing If you are without transport or if you are able to offer other members a lift to an event or venue just click here==>Lift Sharing
To find out about other community news please follow this link ==> Community News
GDPR - came into effect on 25th May 2018
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) affects and impacts all contacts with private individuals
Please see the following link for our policy ==> Data Protection policy 2019
For full information follow this link to the Information Commissioner's Office ==> Information Commissioner
New Groups Please see details for all new groups under the GROUPS button. Our Newest Group - Saving Planet Earth
How Tech Savvy are we?
The Institute of Engineering and Technology publishes a ground-breaking report. Follow the link ==> Tech savvy for the third age
and an interesting take on passwords from Michael McIntyre! ==>Michael
|U3A MEMBER'S STORIES|