A NEW GROUP SEEKING A COUPLE OF MEMBERS TO ORGANISE IT
Cycling is a wonderful exercise! We are blessed in the East Grinstead area with a number of almost level ex-railway tracks. These are courtesy of Dr Beeching's 1960's reorganisation of our national network of railway lines, when so very many "unprofitable" lines were dismantled.
Lots of good reasons why cycling is said to be a really great exercise:
- Plenty of level, safe cycle paths or bridleways locally
- Cycling Can Boost Your Mental Health
- Boosts Your Immune System
- Slows Down the Ageing Process
- Reduce Risk and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Less Stress on the Joints than other exercises
- Improved Balance Reduces the Risk of Falls
- Meet New People & Socialise More
- Enjoy our wonderful countryside
At the moment this group has no leader and no members, but by creating a web page for East Grinstead u3a and a corresponding Beacon page we may well see some action very shortly!
If you have any thoughts, or ideas, or indeed if you want to help start this light exercise group, you can email us, either via the envelope symbol at top right, or directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org