East Grinstead U3A went technically LIVE on the Beacon system on 5th May 2020
At ths stage it means nothing to you, because we are in the throes of customising it for our own use. But we are in the company of over 400 U3As that have already moved their local sysyetems onto Beacon.
When you either renew your membership or make an application to join U3A the differences will emerge.
Meanwhile have a look at the following set of slides ==> Beacon for U3As
An update for you as of 17th June 2020
We have learnt a lot in the last few weeks
- All of our membership data has been validated
- All groups and venues have been uploaded
- All groups are now accurately described and where appropriate the Group Leader contact information has been made confidential
- Every group has an accurate listing of the members of that group
- All group leaders are now in a position to log in to their group and add or remove members and to deal with waiting lists
- We have been able to send out personalised emails from Beacon and to track whether they have been opened or perhaps bounced due to an error in an email ID
To log in to the Beacon system, please go to ==>Log in to Beacon