East Grinstead U3A went technically LIVE on the Beacon system on 5th May 2020
We are in the company of over 400 U3As that have already moved their local systems onto Beacon. Subscribing to Beacon has allowed us to dispense with all of our local solutions. It is an online system, available 24/7, with full professional support and a help desk. Accordingly roles can be transferred from member to member in the simplest possible way. And our data, which is securely held and transferred fully encrypted complies with the requirements of GDPR and is backed up every day.
For all this, and the associated removal of fears about data loss, etc, we are charged £1 per member per annum
When you either renew your membership or make an application to join U3A the differences will emerge.
Meanwhile have a look at the following set of slides ==> Beacon for U3As
The situation update as of 15th February 2021
We have learnt a great deal about Beacon and are using it extensively for membership and group membership records, together with the emailing system, whic has supplanted our use of MailChimp
- All of our membership data has been validated
- All groups and venues have been uploaded
- All groups are now accurately described and where appropriate the Group Leader contact information has been made confidential
- Every group has an accurate listing of the members of that group
- All group leaders are now in a position to log in to their group and add or remove members and to deal with waiting lists
- We have been able to send out personalised emails from Beacon and to track whether they have been opened or perhaps bounced due to an error in an email ID
To log in to the Beacon system, please go to ==>Log in to Beacon
At this stage we are not implementing Beacon Financials. However to do so would be extremely simple, and the best time to do so is at the end of a financial year