About the Members Portal
TO LOG IN
- If you know how to use the portal click here to log in: Members Portal Login
- If you need help, read on ...
WHAT IS THE MEMBERS' PORTAL?
It's where you can:
- Renew your membership each year, without having to fill in a paper form. Each time you log in to the Portal you are told when your membership expires. During the renewals period each year, you are given the option to renew online.
- Check and, if necessary, update your personal contact details. This includes: your address; home phone number; mobile telephone number; email address; and emergency contact information. You are asked to check your details whenever your information changes or at least once a year. Note that if you are a Joint member and change your address and/or home phone number, your partner's address and phone number will also be changed. If you do not want this to happen please email the Membership Secretary or telephone 01246 900201.
- View and/or download a personal calendar, showing your group meetings and the U3A’s Monthly General Meetings.
- See the contact details for group coordinators.
- Enrol in a group online, providing the group coordinator allows this to be done.
The Portal also allows you to:
- Set a security question and answer. This is intended for future use and is not mandatory at the moment.
- Upload a photo. Members are asked NOT to use this option, as it may cause problems when membership cards are printed.
HOW TO LOG IN TO THE PORTAL
You will need your membership number and other personal contact details. Click on the image on the right to see exactly what you need. If you are logging in to change your contact details, use your old details to log in, not your new ones.
If you are unable to log in check that:
- Your membership number is correct. It's printed on your membership card. Make sure you use your membership number and not the membership year.
- Your forename is spelt correctly and starts with a capital letter. Don't type your whole name in capitals, just the first letter. You can use your 'known' as name if you want to. In fact, it's better to use your known as name if you have several forenames.
- Your surname is also spelt correctly and also starts with a capital letter.
- Your postcode is correct, with a blank space between the two sections eg S18 5QQ.
- You have used the correct email address, without any capital letters.
- You haven't copied and pasted, or use auto-fill, to complete any of the fields. This may work on some devices/browsers but it doesn't always, so it's best to type the information each time.
- Finally, check that you haven't mistakenly entered a blank space before or after any of the information you have entered. Leading and trailing spaces are treated as invalid by the validation process and are the most frequent cause of members not being able to log in. They seem to occur most often when using mobile phones, iPads or other tablet devices so take extra care if you are using one of these.
To log in now click Members Portal Login
If you still have problems please email the Beacon System Administrator.