History of Art
Venue: The Flavel Studio
Meet: 3rd Friday
Time: 2 - 3 pm
Contact: Penny Bowles
New members welcome.
Details of Trip to Venice
DART VALLEY U3A TRIP TO VENICE
30TH SEPTEMBER TO 5TH OCTOBER 2020
If you would like to come please contact Julie Hadley before Christmas with your booking requirements including type of room. The best way is to e-mail me, email@example.com or you can phone 01548 531240. Once I have 15 travellers I will pay the £150 group booking fee and contact you to pay a deposit of £250 direct to Greatdays who are helping organise the trip. You can do this easily by phone. I already have several people registered to go and they do not have to contact me again. I will organise additional suppers nearer the time according to the requests of the group.
Quotation & Draft Itinerary - Italy - Venice
Day 1 - Wednesday 30 September 2020 - Head to Italy Board your coach transfer to Bristol Airport from your pick-up location in Kingsbridge/Dartmouth/Totnes in time for your flight to Venice. Flight No. EJU3362 Bristol 14:50 --------- 18:05 Venice 23kg per person check-in bag included. Upon arrival in Venice, you will be greeted at the airport and transferred to the Hotel Gabrielli, which will be your base for the next 5 nights. Enjoy your evening meal in a local trattoria, which is included on Day 1 only.
Day 2 - Thursday 01 October 2020 - Welcome to Venice After your breakfast, begin exploring Venice with the help of a local English-speaking guide, who will tell you all about this fascinating city this morning. Today, you have entrances included to renowned landmarks such as the San Marco Basilica, The Doges Palace and the Gallerie dell'Accademia. Use your ACTV passes to efficiently move around the city and its famed waterways, and marvel at its beauty.
Day 3 - Friday 02 October 2020 - Today, you will be in the thick of it again, delving even further into the city and its rich history and culture. Enjoy a visit to the Peggy Guggenheim Museum, which is among one of the most important museums in Italy for European and American art from the first half of the 20th century. You also have entrances to the magnificent Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, where you can also visit the sacristy. Visit also the The Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari in the heart of the San Polo district.
Day 4 - Saturday 03 October 2020 - Padova After breakfast, you escape the hustle and bustle of Venice to Padua, or in Italian 'Padova'. Located in the Veneto region, Padova is known for the beautiful frescoes by Giotto in the
Cappella degli Scrovegni, which are considered to be the most complete series of frescoes executed by Giotto in his maturity. Entrance is included for the church, so be sure to visit! Another treasure in this medieval city is the Basilica of St. Anthony, where you will be able to see many notable artworks, including various images of the Madonna. With its Byzantine-style domes and famous art pieces, contains the namesake of the Saint's tomb - ensure you spend enough time here to fully appreciate the church and its architecture. In the city of Padova itself, be sure to explore the Old Town, with its arcaded streets and stylish cafés.
Day 5 - Sunday 04 October 2020 - Today you have the day at leisure, aside from entrance to the glorious Church of San Giorgo Maggiore with its imposing bell tower - an image that springs to mind when one thinks of Venice. Take some time to wander around this spectacular Benedictine church, and head up the tower for some fabulous views over the city.
Day 6 - Monday 05 October 2020 - Ciao, Venice! Today after an early breakfast, your transfer to Venice Marco Polo airport in time for your 12:55 departure. Flight No. EJU3361 Venice 12:55 --------- 14:15 Bristol 23kg per person check-in bag included.
Upon your arrival in Bristol, your coach will be waiting to return you safely home to Totnes/Dartmouth/Kingsbridge after a wonderful holiday.
Summary of Inclusions_
· ATOL Protection
· Return airport transfers from Kingsbridge/Dartmouth/Totnes to Bristol Airport (24-seater)
· Return flights from Bristol Airport to Venice Marco Polo Airport including 1 x 23kg piece of hold luggage per person
· Return airport transfers from Venice Marco Polo Airport to Venice hotel including boat transfers from/to nearest mooring point with meet & greet assistance
· 5 nights accommodation in Hotel Gabrielli, Venice
· Breakfast each morning
· 1 x 3-course evening meal on Day 1 in a good character restaurant/trattoria (set menu, no drinks)
· 2 x 2-day ACTV Venice Travel Card for unlimited water-bus transport, tramways and the mainland road network for the city of Venice - each card valid once swiped · Return second class 'Regionale' train tickets from Venice to Padua/Padova (not Frecciarossa trains) for excursion to Padua/Padova
· 1 x 2-hour guided tour of Venice (headsets will be provided and must be worn in line with regulations in Venice governing noise pollution)
· Day 2: San Marco Basilica, The Doges Palace, The Gallerie dell'Accademia
· Day 3:Peggy Guggenheim Museum, Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute (including entrance to the sacristy), The Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
· Day 4: Basilica Pontificia di Sant'Antonio di Padova, Cappella degli Scrovegni
· Day 5: Church of San Giorgio Maggiore including entrance to the Bell Tower
Tour Prices Per Person - minimum 15 paying passengers
Twin/Double: £1,375.00 per person
Single: £292.00 supplement per person
Superior room upgrade: £70.00 per person (for 5 nights)
Lagoon View room upgrade: £234.00 per person (for 5 nights).
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.