Covid-19 by Population
Home Countries and their Covid-19 Deaths.
- Here are the populations for the Home Countries:- England, 55, Scotland 5, Wales 3 and N.Ireland 1.9 million.
|Country||Infections||Total Deaths||% of Pop.|| New Deaths|| Fatality Rate|
|Country||Population||Total Deaths||% of Pop.|| Fatality Rate|
- The above figures are released at different times and therefore may be inexact. If you want to know how the scientific / medical fraternity calculate infection/death rates and have a good grip of mathematics then look at this short Lancet article.
- Our figures do give the correct impression. They are roughly correct although, usually they do NOT include deaths outside of hospitals.
- As the number of Celtic Deaths are regularly less than 10, from Wednesday, July the 8th there will not be a graph of daily deaths, unless there's a surge in numbers.
- The BBC's 'More or Less' radio program [9 mins] investigates accurately comparing countries' death figures. What else affects those headline numbers?
- Unfortunately while hospital figures come from one body, our NHS; there isn't one body to collate nursing homes and private homes.
- Older really vulnerable people live in care homes. The question IS - 'Why didn't they get greater protection?'
As long as we keep our distance from folk, keep our hands clean and keep away from social gatherings, our generation should be there to help the next. If we don't ...