Wine Tasting B
The Group Contact is Helen Johnston.
Helen hosted the first meeting and the format below gives a flavour of the activity of the group.
Helen introduced the group to Madiran wines from South West France. It was an interesting, fun and informative gathering.
The time of 4-6 pm was chosen to enable any member to go on to any further commitments they may have in the evening.
We plan to have 8 meetings a year to enable each member to host a tasting.
The host would be responsible for::-
1. Selecting 4 wines for tasting with total cost not more than £40.
2. Researching their choice ( which could be a grape variety, a country or a region)
3. Providing some bread, cheese, pate etc which would match the chosen wines.
4. Organising tasting sheets for comments.
5. Providing glasses......Some people bring their own which helps.
6. Agreeing date and venue for next meeting
We follow a format of looking, sniffing, tasting, swirling, re-sniffing, re-tasting and writing our observations on the tasting sheets.
After all 4 wines are tasted we put them in order of preference, before finding the price of each bottle.
If you are interested in joining this group, then please send a message using the bluebird on this page. Your message will be logged and forwarded to the Group Contact for a response.