|Day of Meeting||Every Third Thursday.|
|Time of Meeting||10.00 - 12.00|
|Venue for Meeting||Please see text|
|Name of Convenor||Jean Beacock|
|Phone Number||01724 349548|
The Astronomy group meets every on the third Thursday of the month and currently, due to the difficulty in finding appropriate venues, we have decided to meet in each other’s homes. We often need the use of a laptop computer and a digital projector so this makes presentations a lot easier.
Each meeting usually follows the following format;
1. Welcome, Apologies, Matters Arising
2. Main Talk or emphasis of meeting (as long as required)
3. Celestial Snippets – short informative talk on subject of general interest e.g. Scientists, Heavenly Bodies, and New Discoveries etc. (Up to half an hour)
4. Starry Stats – brief introduction to what could be seen in the sky above us this month. (5-10 minutes)
5. Cosmic Corner- News item (5-10 minutes)
6. A.O.B. + Arrangements for future meetings
For further information please email Jean Beacock.
Please note that there will be no meeting in April so our next one will be on May 17th at Jeans. Hopefully we will continue with our DVD and our astronomer will be Carl Sagan.