WHAT DOES THE GROUP DO?
Two levels of walking in varied countryside according to the published programs.
TO DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAMS CLICK ON THE LINKS ON THE RIGHT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The Easier Walks are between 4 and 6 miles in length with up to 600 feet of ascent.
The Harder Walks are between 6 and 9 miles in length with up to 1200 feet of ascent, or more on occasions.
Each individual walk has the distance and height gain in both imperial and metric figures.
Members also need to be reasonably fit and able to negotiate obstacles like stiles.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING:
Walks will go ahead unless extreme weather conditions are forecast; members need to have the appropriate clothing and equipment. Ideally this should consist of the following:
- Ankle supporting footwear (preferably designated walking boots)
- Layers of warm clothing including a fleece jacket, waterproof jacket, waterproof over-trousers, hat and gloves.
- Small rucksack, packed lunch, 1 litre of water, high energy food e.g. chocolate bar, walking poles, sun hat and sun cream, and a mobile phone if possible.
MEETINGS & COVID-19:
- Anyone wishing to join a walk must pre-register with the Group Leader.
- Fortnightly on a Monday
- You will have to make your own way to the start of the walk, no car sharing unless with your partner.
- The 2 metre Social Distancing Rule must be obeyed at all times.
- You must carry your own First Aid Kit.
- You must carry your own Hand Sanitiser and Gloves.
- You must not be suffering from any Covid-19 symptoms.
MEMBERS wishing to join the group or find out more information should click here Robin Hollister to email the Group Leader. Please remember to include your membership number in the NAME field on the message screen.
For a great selection of recent Country Walks photos, click on the links below:
|October - December 2020||July - September 2020|
|January - March 2020||October - December 2019|
|July - September 2019||April - June 2019||||