Do come and join us - there are spaces available in this group.
|All walks start at 10.30am on the third Thursday from October 2021.|
These shorter walks are more leisurely than the ones undertaken by the main Walking Group.
Our walks generally cover 2 to 3 miles and take about 1–1½ hrs. They are fairly flat and avoid steep climbs and awkward stiles.
Please remember to sign up for walks in advance, during Covid Restrictions with the Convenor, but normally either at the Monthly Meeting or by phoning the Walk Leader.
Walking in a Covid Secure Way – guidance for walkers
• Please read the Personal Risk Assessment document attached as a link to the Strollers Group page and assess whether it is safe for you to take part in the walk.
• By taking part you agree to your contact details being made available for track and trace if required.
• Walkers are advised not to share cars with non-household members and to follow guidance for travelling on public transport.
• Walks will be limited to groups of 6 initially. Please maintain physical distancing throughout the walk and when gathering at the beginning and end.
• Carry a face covering in case of incidents where social distancing may not be possible.
• Walkers are advised not to share food, drink or equipment.
• Avoid touching gates and path furniture where possible and carry hand sanitiser.
• Please be aware that help cannot be given when climbing stiles other than by household members and take this into consideration when deciding to walk.
|Dates for your Diary|
|Thu Oct 21st||Meet at Chiltern Gateway car park, LU6 2GY- Leader Paddy A.|
We will meet and park at the Chilterns Gateway Centre car park (remember your National Trust membership card). The walk to the Tree Cathedral is gently undulating about 2.5 miles, no stiles. Lunch can be taken at The Gateway Centre cafe. No need to book. There is seating inside or out.
To book a place either sign in at the Main Meeting or contact the Convenor from the Strollers page.
|Thu Nov 18th||Waddesdon Winter Lights Walk about 2.5 miles|
Cost £7.00 if National Trust Member this includes the bus ticket-Non National Trust £17.00- Leader Belinda H.#
Meet at 3.45 pm, meet at the Visitor Centre for 4.00 pm bus.
A walk around the lights on the plateau near the Mansion, a comfort stop and refreshments (you might like to bring your own to avoid the queues) and then down the illuminated Alice's Drive to the Stables and return by bus to the car park.
Places on sale at the October Main Meeting or Contact the Convenor to book a place from the Stroller's page.
Click on a picture below to see it full-size with more details.