Welcome to Belper & District U3A
Belper & District U3A is a self-help, self-managed lifelong learning co-operative
for retired, semi-retired and about-to-retire people of any age
to participate in learning, social and recreational activities,
not for qualifications but for FUN!
Belper & District U3A is a Registered Charity: No 1168551
- We host approximately 90 group activities, have over 500 members and are still growing!
- Open meetings for members and non-members are held from 10-12pm on the first Friday of each month at Strutts Community Centre, Derby Road, Belper. DE56 1UU.
- Prospective members are welcome to attend one open meeting, subject to capacity on the day.
- At the last meeting of the Executive Committee it was proposed and agreed by a majority decision that in future people must become members of Belper & District U3A before accessing taster sessions of groups. Once they have become members, they can then access a taster session of any group.
- We aim to have a varied programme at these meetings – the majority have speakers, whilst others will be of a more social nature.
- During refreshment time, when a speaker has been engaged, you can chat to other members, learn all about the organisation and find out about, and sign up to, group activities and other events.
- A Newsletter is produced quarterly, providing news on both local and national U3A issues and activities. A Bulletin is also produced covering non-U3A matters.
- An AGM, which is for members only, is held in December.
- The annual subscription for membership is £10 per member, renewable each December. For new members wishing to join part-way through the year the subscription will be reduced. See membership application form (available from the Links sidebar) for details.
Please use the Menu Buttons at the top of this page to explore the site, paying particular attention to the Groups, Events and Links menu options.
If you are interested in joining us please download a membership application form from the Forms page or Links page - you can be sure of a very warm Derbyshire Welcome.
If you would like more information or to make contact with someone at Belper U3A click the Contact button in the menu bar.