History Of Odiham
Group Leader: Derek Spruce 01256 702026
This course offers an introduction to the History of Odiham and North Warnborough. It will seek to relate this parish’s history to a wider context.
There will be a talk followed by discussion after a refreshment break with an opportunity to study source material.
Topics covered will be:
• Introduction. The landscape and geology of Odiham
• Origins of Odiham, Celtic, Roman and Saxon periods
• The Norman period, Domesday Book, the castle and Deer Park
• Agriculture and Industry in Odiham & North Warnborough
• Buildings of Odiham and the Civil War
• The Town of Odiham 1750 to the present day
|Venue:||The Dorothy Owen Room at the Almshouses|
|Day of the week:||2nd October, 9th October, 16th October, 23rd October, 30th October, 6th November|
|Times:||2pm - 4pm|
If you would like to contact the Group leader click on the email button on the side bar