MEETINGS CANCELLED TILL FURTHER NOTICE
Contact Convenor Family History Convenor
The Family History Group meets every 3rd Wednesday of the month between 2.15 and 4.15 in the downstairs room at Garforth Library. Prospective U3A members are welcome to attend for 2 visits after which they will be required to pay £15 annual U3A members
Sign For Leeds Library to Access free Ancestry.
Sign into Leeds Library
enter your library membership numbers only
Password is year of birth
- 1 www.leeds.gov.uk/leisure/libraries/online-resources
- 2 Information and research Library
- 3 Local and Family Histories Services
- 4 Scroll down to Ancestry
These are useful free sites that provide information.
FREE FAMILY TREE As demonstrated in Jan Meeting
1 goto Microsoft.com
2 On the website Search My Family Tree
3 Click on get to Get to download the app.
5 Start adding names and save the file.
- FreeBMD – Possible to identify Marriage, Birth and Death dates between 1837 and 1993
- Government Records Office- Free but needs registration of email and password. Identifies Death dates or birth dates with mother’s maiden name
- Family Search Free but needs registration
- Commonwealth Graves Commission Identify graves of soldiers lost in the wars
- Lost Cousins Newsletter- Provides a newsletter with info on what’s happening in Family History – upcoming events, special offers etc.
- Ancestry - Charged site £14 per month. Free 14 day trial is available . Free Access at Library to members.