U3A Site Builder: Frequently-asked Questions
- Can more than one person edit our U3A site?
- Yes — anyone who has a login name for the site.
- Can each person have his or her own login name?
- Yes — if that is how you wish to manage your own U3A's site.
A login name can be assigned for a page editor,
a site editor or an administrator.
- Can group leaders have a login name just to edit their own page?
- Yes — a "page editor" can edit the text of a single group page,
and manage any sub-pages, pictures, links, events and contact details
associated with it.
- What about a site editor?
- A site editor can edit any part of the site's content, but
cannot perform administrative functions.
- What administrative functions?
- For one thing, the ability to add and remove other login names! Also
the ability to change various settings governing the appearance of the
site, view site statistics, and perform periodic "housekeeping".
- Site statistics?
- The software keeps a count of the number of times each page is "visited".
(See the relevant help file for what a "visit" means.) Site administrators
can periodically reset the count so as to monitor the way access patterns
change over time.
- Site housekeeping?
- A quick "tidy-up" of obsolete data: notices, events and links which
sre past their "show until" date, hidden groups and related pages. A good
thing to do occasionally!
Back to the main FAQs page