Our Darmstadt twinning visit to Chesterfield is now arranged for 7-13 September 2022.
As Covid progress varies dramatically in different countries we are advised that no flights will be booked until the end of June so our plans will, inevitably, be provisional until we receive confirmation that the flights and accommodation have been arranged. Nevertheless, we need to put plans and arrangements in place ready to firm up when we get the go ahead.
Proposed outline of programme which may be subject to change:
• Coach trip to World of Wedgwood, factory tour, drive to Lichfield, visit the Cathedral and free time. Booking form here
• Train to Derby, visit Museum of Making, Cathedral, Pickering House
• Crich Tramway Museum and Wirksworth Festival – drivers required
• Poole’s Cavern and Buxton – drivers required
• Evening meals out: main group meals at Lambarellis (Saturday 10th) and Soulville (Monday 12th)
If you are interested in joining us on our planned days out send a message with your name, contact phone number and the number of places you wish to reserve and if you can provide transport (for the Critch and Buxton visits).
There are more details in the May 2022 Chesterfield u3a Newsletter