Group Coordinators Information
Group Coordinators Meeting 2019 will be held on the morning of Saturday 19th October at St Columbas Hall followed by lunch. More details nearer the date.
If you are a Group Coordinator or are thinking of becoming one this is the place to find documents that support this role. Many of them are only required for groups that are of a specific type e.g. meet in a hall and collect money to pay for it. Our Group Liaison Officer also provides help and guidance on starting up a new group and what is needed in running one.
- GDPR Consent Form - Download & print this if your group wants to share emails or phone numbers. Group coordinators must not share or display a members' membership number. Do not write email or phone number on the consent form. A tick is all that is required.
- The U3A Resource Centre gives access to a collection of DVDs & CDs that groups can borrow and also links to an amazing range of other online resources. Just click the link to go there.
- Beacon Group Coordinators Guide tells you how to maintain your groups information on the Beacon system including how to send emails to your group. Once you have a username & password use the link to go to the Beacon Login page.
- U3A Safeguarding Policy
- Incident Report Form
- Licences - Information from National Office on copyright material & what licences they provide for our U3A.
- Insurance Cover is provided through National Office (The Third Age Trust) for Public Liability, Damage to the property of any member whist their home is being used to host a U3A event, U3A Equipment & some other specifics. A full explanation & the cover note for this can be found on the national U3A website under Advice > Insurances & Safety.
- Sharing fuel costs on trips - The recommended rate when members share transport is 30p/mile as a contribution towards the cost of fuel. So, if there are 4 in a car that would be 7.5p/mile each (including the driver) or when only 3 in a car it is 10p/mile. This is the committee's recommendation but members/groups are free to agree their own figure if they prefer.
How to handle money in a group is described on the Chester U3A Group Accounts page and other relevant documents are: