A Taste of Chester u3a
What does Chester u3a offer its members?
Every month, they get:
- A Tuesday talk, on an interesting and thought-provoking topic
- A Thursday talk, often done by a member on a subject which fascinates them, or in which they have expertise
- The Chester Times, our newly re-launched newsletter, which looks at what has been going on/is coming up in our u3a in more depth
- Potential membership of over 90 groups
- The chance to start new groups with like-minded people on topics of interest to them
On a less regular basis they also get:
- Popular Science talks
- Treasure/Walking Trails
- Social Events
- National newsletters, talks, and meetings
During Covid-19 restrictions we have kept going, with many of the above being replaced by online events. We would like to offer you the chance to take a look at what we have done, and give you the opportunity to join us, with a special offer of joining during June and receive 15 months membership (until Sept 2022) for £16, instead of the usual 12 months.
So, here are some links so that you can have a look at what we do. No-one expects you to do everything, but we are pretty sure that most people will find enough of interest to justify the membership subscription.
- Tuesday talks - a) Forensic Linguistics & b) Freedom of Speech
- Thursday talk - Hidden Life of Trees & Thursday meetings
- A Popular Science talk on Electric Cars
- Sample group sessions – a) Art Appreciation, b) New Experiences
- Groups & upcoming short courses that that members can join now - Group overview
- Read or download our bumper edition of the June Chester Times
- Our most recent Treasure Trail Directions
- The Chester u3a Chair interview with Ian McCannah