Latest Information on how Chester U3A activities are changing because of Coronavirus
- The May Monthly Meeting is replaced by an online talk specially commissioned for us from Jim Holmes. Members have been emailed an invitation link to view it. The Mongolian Altai. See how the United Nations Children's Fund is helping remote communities with a serious education shortage and learn how difficult it is to reach the very far west of this vast country. Visit remote communities that hunt with eagles and drink tea with camels' milk, then travel with herders as they prepare to move to spring pastures, and see how the schools follow them. Our speaker is Jim Holmes who gave us that wonderful talk of how solar panels are helping remote communities in Afghanistan earlier this year and about Japan last year.
- The May News Sheet is a bit different in that it was sent to all members in the form of an email from the Chairman with lots of links to replacement activities that are starting to happen in our U3A.
- The EVENTS page is being updated with the status of all activities that were planned.
- Many group activities are continuing in a different form. For example the Bridge groups now play online. To find out their status contact the group coordinator via their Group page.
- Instead of our Thursday meeting why not look at an on-line talk? Our speaker secretary has compiled a list of online talks that you might like. Click here to see them > Online talks April20.
- There are general ideas for groups in this information sheet> Ideas for Groups and subject specific ideas in the Links on the right.
- U3A National Office has been sending out very informative email newsletters, ideas on how to enjoy your group activities and how other U3As are changing their methods of working. If you do not get them you can sign up here > U3A Newsletter. Direct link to Covid-19 advice sources on the U3A National website > U3A Covid Advice.
- Groups can use video conferencing to discuss, present talks, or just a friendly chat. The tool we are using for committee meetings is Zoom. It is very easy to use. Instructions are here > How to Zoom.
Useful Information for our Coronavirus Isolation Time
- Guides to tools that help you stay in touch and connected with your friends & family and U3A can be found on the national website here > How to guides.
Two useful guides from Chester University mentioned in the April News Sheet can be viewed by clicking below:
From Chatterpack some resources for anyone who is isolated